Good news for exhibitors of agrofood Ethiopia: East and Central Africa’s largest economy is on the growth track as Ethiopia’s GDP is expected to increase from US$ 84 billion in 2018 to US$ 93 billion in 2019, US$ 96 billion in 2020 and US$ 92 billion in 2021. (GTAI)
Ethiopia’s GDP has thus grown more than tenfold between 2000 (US$ 8 billion) and 2018 and more than twelvefold by 2020. (World Bank) As a result, Ethiopia became one of the world’s fastest growing economies and an impressive investment destination in Africa.
And due to high and sustained investments and its enormous expected population growth from currently 112 million to 200 million in 2050 (United Nations), it is all too likely that Ethiopia will expand its position as East and Central Africa’s largest economic player enormously.
According to the Ethiopian government, Ethiopia, until 2025, shall become the manufacturing hub of Africa, and its population shall achieve middle-income status. All this shall be reached within the framework of a carbon neutral economy.
Based on these upbeat market developments, agrofood Ethiopia is to continue its success story. Organized by the German trade show specialists fairtrade in cooperation with their Ethiopian partners Prana Events at the Millennium Hall in Addis Ababa, agrofood Ethiopia is held in conjunction with plastprintpack Ethiopia, Ethiopia’s 4th International Plastics, Printing and Packaging Trade Show. The event covers the entire process chain, consisting of the three sub-brands agro AgroTech, food + bev tec and food + hospitality.
At least five official country pavilions have booked for 2021, namely from China, Germany, Italy, Kuwait and Turkey. Kuwait will be in for the very first time with an official national pavilion while China, Germany, Italy and Turkey renew and upgrade their pavilions.
How can I help you?
agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia enjoy the strong support of the following Ethiopian and international institutions.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Ethiopian Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical Industry Development Institute
- Food Medicine and Health Care Administration and Control Authority of Ethiopia
- Chemical and Construction Inputs Industry Development Institute
- DLG German Agricultural Society/li>
- Embassies of Germany, France, Italy and Turkey
- German Federal Ministry for Food and Agriculture
- GIZ German Association for International Cooperation
- ITA Italian Trade Agency
- Kuwait PAI Public Authority for Industry
- NABC Netherlands African Business Council
- Turkish Ministry of Trade
- Turkish Exporters Assembly
- VDMA Food Processing and Packaging Machinery Association