The entire fairtrade & Prana Events team has prepared the 4th edition of agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia 2021 with a lot of dedication over the past months. Face-to-face meetings and the exchange of ideas leading to business – it is a fantastic feeling to finally be able to host international exhibitors and trade visitors again, and thus to provide the community with its platform for their business.
This year is not about reporting record numbers, especially as we have limited the space of the exhibition, because the safety of all participants has the highest priority.
But we have succeeded in creating a platform with a strong community so that exhibitors from 9 countries representing a wide spectrum of the entire value chain, and trade visitors from all over Ethiopia and neighbouring states can once again engage in conversation, tackle projects and work together.
The pavilions come from Germany, Italy, Russia and Turkey, the exhibitors are from Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Nigeria, Russia, Turkey and USA.
- The German Pavilion is presented by the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture, in cooperation with the Association of the German Trade Fair Industry AUMA. In addition to the information stand of the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, exhibitors like Buschhoff, Caisley International, Destilla, GGI-Spermex, Krones and Te So Ten Elsen Specht will display their products and solutions on their own stands within the official German Pavilion. Please see the exhibitors and their products & services.
- Italian exhibitors include Ave Technologies, Della Toffolla, Priamo Food Technologies and Z-Italia.
- Exhibitors in the Russian Pavilion supported by the Russian Export Centre showcase adapted solutions and technologies for the Ethiopian agrofood industry. Russian exhibitors include Geomir, IMT Group, Royal Cane and 10 Med.
- The Turkish Pavilion is again supported by the Ministry of Trade and features companies like Aves, Endülüs Krom, Intermak, Kombi Makina, Kozlu Gida, Kuatro, Milkman Makine, Özmermer Gida, Nadir Yag, Orkide (Küçükbay) and Seyhan.
Happy and informative Get-together & Press conference
Ethiopian Skylight Hotel – 22 September 2021
Catch up and get all the latest on agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia from 14 to 16 October 2021 featuring interviews with
- Mr Martin März, Founder & Managing Partner – fairtrade Messe
- Dr. Kalle Holzfuss, First Secretary and Head of the Cultural & Economics Section – German Embassy
- Mr Riccardo Zucconi, Director – ITA Italian Trade Agency
- Mr Maxime Bieliaeff, Commercial Counsellor French Embassy, Country Manager Business France
Ethiopia on the growth track
Good news for exhibitors of agrofood Ethiopia: East and Central Africa’s largest economy is on the growth track as Ethiopia’s GDP is expected to increase from US$ 84 billion in 2018 to US$ 93 billion in 2019, US$ 96 billion in 2020 and US$ 92 billion in 2021. (GTAI)
Ethiopia’s GDP has thus grown more than tenfold between 2000 (US$ 8 billion) and 2018 and more than twelvefold by 2020. (World Bank) As a result, Ethiopia became one of the world’s fastest growing economies and an impressive investment destination in Africa.
And due to high and sustained investments and its enormous expected population growth from currently 112 million to 200 million in 2050 (United Nations), it is all too likely that Ethiopia will expand its position as East and Central Africa’s largest economic player enormously.
According to the Ethiopian government, Ethiopia, until 2025, shall become the manufacturing hub of Africa, and its population shall achieve middle-income status. All this shall be reached within the framework of a carbon neutral economy.
Based on these upbeat market developments, agrofood Ethiopia is to continue its success story. Organised by the German trade show specialists fairtrade in cooperation with their Ethiopian partners Prana Events, agrofood Ethiopia is held in conjunction with plastprintpack Ethiopia, Ethiopia’s 4th International Plastics, Printing and Packaging Trade Show. The event covers the entire process chain, consisting of the three sub-brands agro AgroTech, food + bev tec and food + hospitality.
agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia enjoy the strong support of the following Ethiopian and international institutions.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Ethiopian Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical Industry Development Institute
- Food Medicine and Health Care Administration and Control Authority of Ethiopia
- Chemical and Construction Inputs Industry Development Institute
- DLG German Agricultural Society
- Embassies of Germany, France, Italy and Turkey
- German Federal Ministry for Food and Agriculture
- GIZ German Association for International Cooperation
- ITA Italian Trade Agency
- Kuwait PAI Public Authority for Industry
- NABC Netherlands African Business Council
- Turkish Ministry of Trade
- Turkish Exporters Assembly
- VDMA Food Processing and Packaging Machinery Association