Ethiopia is East & Central Africa’s largest importer of food and beverage process and packaging technology
- With imports of 103 million euros in 2020, Ethiopia ranks ahead of Kenya with 87 million euros.
- With an average annual growth rate of 3.4% between 2015 and 2020, Ethiopia is also one of Africa’s fast-growing importers of such technology
- The immense population of currently 120 million, which according to the United Nations will rise to 200 million by 2050, requires strong sustainable growth
Source: VDMA | Graph: fairtrade
Voices of the exhibitors
Ethiopia has a huge potential because of the growing market and the population size. We as Krones aim to build long-term partnerships with our local branch office that opened in 2018.
The customers and visitors come from a diverse background of sectors. We are happy with everyone who took the time to meet us here at agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia. Even outside the beverage sector, we will partner with many visitors who are interested in our video yet printers.
Our expectations were met. We had good conversions and we are looking forward to participate in the future to network and build opportunities and long-standing partnerships on eye-level.
Deputy General Manager - Krones LCS Center East Africa Ltd.
Range of exhibits
- Ingredients and auxiliary materials
- Bakery technology
- Confectionery, chocolate and snacks technology
- Ice cream technology
- Coffee machines and equipment
- Kitchen technology
- Basic food technology
- Vegetable and fruit technology
- Beverage technology
- Pasta technology
- Delicatessen and convenience food technology
- Dairy technology
- Meat processing technology
- Fish technology
- Packaging machines
- Packaging materials
Food safety and quality management
Refrigeration and air-conditioning technology
- Refrigeration installations
- Ventilation, air conditioning and heating technology
Conveying, transport and storage installations
Water and wastewater