Ethiopia is East & Central Africa’s largest importer of food and beverage process and packaging technology
- With imports of 124 million euros in 2019, Ethiopia ranks far ahead of Kenya with 110 million euros.
- With an average annual growth rate of 9.9% between 2012 and 2019, Ethiopia is also one of Africa’s fastest growing importers of such technology.
- The immense population of currently 115 million, which according to the United Nations will rise to 200 million by 2050, requires strong sustainable growth
Voices of the exhibitors 2019
Sales Manager – Krones
Ethiopia is the second largest country in Africa with an enormous potential for us. With our offices in Addis Ababa and Nairobi we try to support the East-African market. agrofood Ethiopia is a good platform for us to meet and exchange also with well-known companies. We are very satisfied with the exhibition and we appreciate the networking possibility via the briefing of the German exhibitors organized by fairtrade.
Local Service Sales Coordinator – Bosch
Ethiopia has the largest population in East Africa and the market is fast growing. We are happy to keep the market engaged and succeed. During this exhibition we met customers with already existing factories or with advanced plans to establish one. The highlights of that show are the good networking possibilities and the German Pavilion.
Range of exhibits
• Ingredients and auxiliary materials
• Bakery technology
• Confectionery, chocolate and snacks technologyIce cream technology
• Coffee machines and equipmentKitchen technology
• Basic food technologyVegetable and fruit technologyBeverage technology
• Pasta technology
• Delicatessen and convenience food technology
• Dairy technology
• Meat processing technology
• Fish technology
• Packaging machines
• Packaging materials
Food safety and quality management
Refrigeration and air-conditioning technology
• Refrigeration installations
• Ventilation, air conditioning and heating technology
Conveying, transport and storage installations
Water and waste water